Friday, October 19, 2012

Ditching the car for a bike

The October 2012 issue of Kiplinger's Personal Finance magazine has this article about a blogger who uses bikes to save more given that they spend $200 to $250 on gas per month plus more for insurance. They sold one car and now they have more cash to put to their savings! I know I'm preaching to the converted but if you need more motivation to use your cars less, then there you go :D.

Our family (meaning my father) has two cars that I get to use when my family (my wife and kids) needs to go anywhere but I use the public transpo to get to work daily and I occasionally ride the bike to work although I can't do it more than twice a week at the most since my office is over 10k away from our home and I have to ride the bike through a major highway to get to work :D

It's a good thing that the blogger's family featured in the article does not need to ride their bikes more than 3.5 miles. The full article can be read here.

No comments:

Post a Comment